Sunday, July 12, 2009

BACK!!

I forgot to hang up my 'gone fishin' ' sign but you may have surmised, faithful readers, that I've been indisposed these last few weeks. Off in the wilds of Oregon, revisiting my homeland, seeing the folks, my bros, a few other friends-and-relations, and having some just-us nuclear family adventures while we were at it... oh it's been a fine old time but I couldn't be happier to be home again home again jiggety jig, as they say, or do they say..? I know I'm supposed to say oh Austin ugh the heat I hate it but you know I actually like it very well even in the thick of the summer.

I'll share some of our escapades with you tomorrow but for now I'll just share a photo that was in my inbox when I arrived home, of me catching up with my friend Morgan from NYC. I wish I could share the other pics of his adorable son Harvey Valentine, but Harvey was frolicking around in his altogether so unfortunately they are better left unshared. This picture is actually so symbolic for me... there was a time in the not-so-distant past when I would have felt like such a failure meeting up with my friends from that era, especially ones who are working successfully in the arts. It's so nice to feel a lot more solid that we're all just happy, fulfilled people raising children and doing good work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about this fabulous steel (?) jacuzzi contraption! I love it!

Kami said...

This is a corrugated metal water trough for horses or cows... you can buy it at Callahan's for $150 or we got ours used on Craigslist for $75... we use ours constantly during the summer! It is a perfect pool for kids or cold tub for adults... I highly reccomend it as it won't break or get busted as other plastic pools will after a year or two of use.