Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life is messy.... get over it.


I never got around to writing about from whence the name of this blog sprang. Originally I just wanted to share some of our messy adventures, based on the premise that it is natural and healthy for kids to roll around in the mud/jello/leaves/dirt/paint/puddles once in a while... but more and more I feel called to write a little about the messiness of this human experience, especially this parenting thing we've got ourselves into... so I want to allow a little space for that. And it does fit in with the name of the blog, because it is messy(and uncomfortable, and irksome, and also ridiculous, and fun and weird...and sort of rewarding, I guess, at times), and I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and dive in. Like my kids would.... though them, they'd probably tear off all their clothes and run around screaming at the top of their lungs ... and that's good too, but I'm not quite there yet. Though some days with the kids' help I'm close.

Anyway, I was inspired to write this when this Daily Groove appeared in my inbox a few days ago... couldn't be more perfect.

This picture, by the way, is what happens when you set your two kids loose on the back table with a can of Barbasol shaving cream.... so super fun and you can just hose everything and everyone down when they start threatening to come inside or give you a hug or shave the cat.

No comments: