Friday, December 19, 2008

Dyeing playsilks, con koolaid







This was a fun fun project that was very quick and easy to do. You can get the silks at Dharma Trading Company, and they are cheeeeeeap!

I'm so glad I had so many

wonderful two year olds to help me with this project. They were really good at it. You just sprinkle koolaid powder as you like on the wet scarf. Put it in a ziplock bag. Squish it around if you like to move the color around. Put it in a microwave and zap it for 2 minutes. Ta da! The color has set. Rinse and hang to dry.

I read that you can also use a steamer, steam it for twenty minutes and it will have the same effect. I wanted to do this outside so I borrowed my friend's microwave so it made it more or less instant gratification.

Thanks to Melanie Anderson for the awesome photos!

No comments: